Social Grid: Google Personals

Discussion in 'Community' started by Archaeopteryx, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Archaeopteryx macrumors regular

I was reading an article on wired magazine this afternoon and I read an article on www.socialgrid.com .. Its an idea thats so simple yet so unexpected I had to check it out! Basicly you add code into your web pages HTML and then when people are looking for some one who meets certain specifications they type in code into google and it will match it up... Has any one here tried it.. its really rather cool o_O

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Quite an interesting application of technology... or rather, hijacking of technology. This is in a very gray area in terms of abusing google... they can't be happy about it. Tho maybe they wind up making money too, I don't know.

I finally signed up for friendster, and i agree with them about it's limitations...

paul

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just googled "Hot, sexy, mute, Swedish blonde with big boobs" and got 2,291,471 hits. :(

So it works!

Or why not try the online personals. I'm surprised at just how many of my friends have tried it. Has it come to this? With so many women in the world, we have to meet people online instead of face-to-face to get honesty?

4. Archaeopteryx thread starter macrumors regular

well, I am just playing with it due to the intresting "technology" behind it. Though I met my Current g/f (for 3 years now) on online personals.. I dated a lot before all girls from "real life" and they all ended up having the personality of a sock.. But my current hunny I think is a keeper :D

Ohh.. as for Social Grid... Apperantly after searching every girl I found was a Midgit asian in an Ivy League school... Im not kidding either about 70%!! (or they claim to be midgit asians in ivy league schools) Though for a woman to figure out how to make a web page I wouldnt put it past her to be at least up to ivy league standards... :D