Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

7on

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 9, 2003
Dress Rosa
sigh, I've been working on this thing too long so I figured I need some help. Sooooo without further adue, critique!

http://homepage.mac.com/jonshipman/web/PhotoAlbum12.html

The first one is the design from last year

Ideas 1-2 are pretty much "meh" but you can see where I'm coming from

Idea 3 is where I "want" to be but I feel it's missing that "thing"

Pointers? Tips? Tell me I suck? I'm pretty much exhausted at this point and open to all suggestions.

EDIT: if you blow these up x4 and give it an eighth bleed - that would be what it'd be trimmed.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I feel like your designs are kind of all over the place. I would suggest finding one strong picture and perhaps crop it in an interesting way. That might bring a little more focus to your piece.

After you've found that picture and placement, find a font that matches the emotion or feeling of the image.

Best of luck with the assignment, 7on!

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
Continue on from last years design. Nice and simple.
Get an image you really like, maybe edit a bit, give it a background.
Put in some good typography and you're sorted!

I just think your designs are too busy and 'messy' :eek:

::20ROGERSC::

gallagb

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
IN
i like 2 and 3b

but- what the guys said about 'back to the basics' and 'keep it simple' also rings true

the 2005 one is very simple
1 picture...etc

maybe go back to something like that? just pick a different image?
you've got some great images in the 1-3 you've shown us- just pick one of those?

usclaneyj

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
i think your type if too heavy.. maybe a different typeface.. with a bold and a narrow/light/whatever.. something to sort of refine the text.

and i agree that you've got a bit of sensory overload going on, what with all the photos.. and all the colors.. and the in-your-face text. don't feel like you need to show 5 million different key features of campus all at once.

anyway, i agree with you to an extent. i think you're right when you say you're on the edge of having something you like. just a few tweaks and a little attention to detail and you're there.

usclaneyj

macrumors regular
May 1, 2005
now that, i like!

like they said, check that "NC" and "DAT" in social science update.. but otherwise, i think that's a big improvement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.