Socom 3, DS, and Linksys Help Needed

Discussion in 'Games' started by Church, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Church macrumors regular

Church

Well, I need help. Ever since I stupidly deleted the patch for Socom 3, I've had trouble getting online, but I finally redownloaded the patch, thankfully. But, it's still hard getting online and I have to fool the game to go through DNAS while it thinks it is disconnected from the network. Burnout 3 works perfectly, btw. A good way to get it going is to have a manual network config, but I keep on running into a problem where it's like "dns server incorrect" or something along those lines.

#1. I have no idea what DNS is
    #2. I just got a Linksys WRT54G, and it says what the DNS server ip is, I entered it correctly (I think) into the config, and it still didn't work.
    #3. What is the difference between burnout 3 and socom 3? I think if EA can get it to work flawlessly, the sony backed zipper interactive could get the dang thing to connect for once.

I also tried turning on the wireless for my brother's DS, and of course I want it secure, but I can't get the router to change security modes at all, it's stuck on WPA personal, and won't even go to disabled. (I want it on WEP).

So yeah, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't know whether it's WPA or WEP, but both the DS and PSP doesn't work with it. At least that seems the way, I don't need wireless security where I live so I don't have to deal with it.

3. Mackilroy macrumors 68040

Mackilroy

The DS will work with a WEP key – but not a WPA.

4. Church thread starter macrumors regular

Church

Yeah, that's what I noticed in the setup for the DS. But the problem remains, I cannot change the router's security mode from WPA personal to WEP so that the DS works with it. My friend (who sold me the router) said he had a hell of a time getting it to change, and said he basically fooled around enough that it finally went to WEP, some help that was.

Either way, thanks for your input, I'll probably be putting in a call to linksys on monday >8P