SoF II on a G3?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rhpenguin, Jun 11, 2003.

1. rhpenguin macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

I had SoF II on my pc and loved it. But after making the switch with my iBook I went to pick it up for the Mac platform. After reading the box it said it needed a G4 400 minimum.

My question is will it run on my 800 MHz iBook? I have 384MB of ram and the rest of the toys that are in the newest line of iBooks. Also absolute performance is not important to me. All im looking for is the game to run (somewhat okay).

Thanks in advance for the help.

RHPeNgUiN

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

let's just say this... and i don't mean to scare you off...

i tried playing soldier of fortune on a dual 800, with at least a gf2mx (maybe as high as a gf4ti- i forget if i tried it before or after i got the new card), and the first level was really not playable

that said, i've read since then that after the first level, it's much better... i think... go figure.

3. rhpenguin thread starter macrumors 6502a

rhpenguin

So by the sounds of it, its not worth buying. Thats a shame... Time to start saving for a G4 desktop :)

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i assume you don't have any friends who have it? if you did, i'd say borrow it and see for yourself. if it's ok, buy it. if not, screw it.

what's the current price? here in US the games usually start at 50 bucks, and then after a couple months, they come down to like 20-30... which would make it a bit more worthwhile even if you didn't know how well it'd run.