Software compatibility issues?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mkwilson68, Apr 25, 2005.

1. mkwilson68 macrumors member

Anyone of you lucky early recipients running Macromedia Studio MX 2004 or Adobe Studio CS applications?

If so, could you let me know if you have seen any issues with these apps? I'd like to upgrade asap, but need this lot to work reliably!

Thanks, as ever.

2. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

From early reports those apps seem to work fine under Tiger :)

3. mkwilson68 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks munkle... are you actually using them yourself? It would be great to try out a few things if possible...

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Afraid I'm not actually using it myself (only 4 more days!) but a few readers have reported back saying there aren't any major probs.
    Here's an interesting Macromedia blog entry regarding compatibility and Tiger.

I'd prob recommend running Tiger off an external HD or something if poss, just in case you run into any issues.

5. mkwilson68 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks again... that blog seems to be dead though!

6. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

Dreamweaver works great. As far as the rest of your question goes...I don't really see Apple breaking support for these apps. If you browse through MacBytes, there is an article about compatibility from the last week or so.

7. mouthster macrumors regular

On two occasions, (actually, the only 2 times I used p-shop extensivley with Tiger) Photoshop CS came to a crawl on my system using Tiger. The File Browser was unusable and Photoshop was using 85%+ of the CPU according to Activity Monitor. This has never happened to me on my Panther installation. Has anyone else come across this?

8. mkwilson68 thread starter macrumors member