Software coupons

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by saga, Sep 8, 2006.

1. saga macrumors regular

When I purchased my emac years ago, it came with "software coupons". When I purchased my macbook a few months ago, it came with "software coupons". What am I to use these coupons for? I called the apple store, and they didn't even know about them. They are official, and of the reverse side, they have lines to enter name, address, etc. Does anyone out there have any idea what I can do with these?

2. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

You can leave them in the box and forget all about them. I don't think they are used for anything at all...'cept destroying the forests. :)

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

they seem pretty outdated. whenever there's a "free" software update (e.g., they announced new iLife before you bought, but it didn't come loaded), they just get you online and check your purchase. It seems like it's left over from when they distributed system software on 3.5" floppies by mail and phone.

4. saga thread starter macrumors regular

The coupons I recieved with the macbook, say "software coupon, Mac OS 10.4 (Tiger), and ILife'06". It doesn't seem as though they are outdated. I would imagine that they have to be useful for something. Just can't figure it out.

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I think he means the *idea* of them is outdated, not the actual coupons.