software for children

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Nancyboy 2000, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Nancyboy 2000 macrumors newbie

Oct 9, 2003
    I have a 2 1/2 year old boy who loves using my eMac. He only has two software packages: Reader Rabbit Toddler v. 3.0 (runs natively in OS X) and Jump Start Toddlers Classic (runs in classic mode only).

The nice thing about Reader Rabbit Toddler is that it does not require any clicking - just mousing - and it runs natively in OS X.

I haven't found any other software that is age appropriate for a 2 1/2 - 3 year old that runs natively in OS X at the nearby Apple Store (it's one of the small stores). Can anyone make any recommendations? Thanks!
  2. crazytom macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    I haven't found anything that runs natively on OS X, but there's some really cheap games and stuff on . My 3 year old loves the Blue Clues games. Don't get Tonka runs REALLY slow under Classic. Tonka Search & Rescue is's a little difficult to operate some of the trucks. If you can find it, Dr. Suess Preschool is a very well done game.
  3. MLarsen macrumors newbie

Mar 7, 2004
    Toddler software

My 2 and 1/2 year old enjoys "Numbers & Letters" by Topics - see This is not OS X native, and it requires an adult to help with the various sessions...but he really likes it.