software for integrated isight??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i-unit123, Jun 18, 2006.

1. i-unit123 macrumors member

May 26, 2006

after playing around with photobooth for a while, and ichat, im starting to find the isight kinda limtiing. is there any software i can download that will let me use the isight to record video???? as well is there any software i can use to get the integrated microphone to record sound??? sorry if these are n00b questions, but if i could use the isight to record videos and take audio notes in addition to simple ichat and photobooth that would be awesome. thanks :)
  2. nicoritschel macrumors regular

May 22, 2006
    iMovie will do both :)
    (Well at the same time)

If you just want to record audio, I would recommend Garageband.
  3. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    If you pay for the QuickTime Pro upgrade, one of the benefits is trivially easy audio and video recording. Pretty much File->New Audio (or Video) Recording, then press the red circle to start and then the black square to stop when you're done.

Easy, easy, easy.
  4. i-unit123 thread starter macrumors member

May 26, 2006
    will imovie/quicktime automatically detect the isight/built in microphone as the device i want to use? i believe i tried this with imovie before and it says it cannot find any connected DV cameras. how do i get it to use the isight?
  5. savar macrumors 68000

Jun 6, 2003
    District of Columbia
    i'm surprised there aren't any apps out there yet to have fun with the isight built-in. does anybody know if there's an API for it?
  6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    QuickTime Pro recognizes the built-in iSight in my Intel iMac by default. As for applications that use the built-in iSights, Delicious Library will work with built-in iSights, so Apple obviously has given developer's access to it.