software for integrated isight??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by i-unit123, Jun 18, 2006.

1. i-unit123 macrumors member

i-unit123

hello,

after playing around with photobooth for a while, and ichat, im starting to find the isight kinda limtiing. is there any software i can download that will let me use the isight to record video???? as well is there any software i can use to get the integrated microphone to record sound??? sorry if these are n00b questions, but if i could use the isight to record videos and take audio notes in addition to simple ichat and photobooth that would be awesome. thanks :)

2. nicoritschel macrumors regular

iMovie will do both :)
    (Well at the same time)

If you just want to record audio, I would recommend Garageband.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

If you pay for the QuickTime Pro upgrade, one of the benefits is trivially easy audio and video recording. Pretty much File->New Audio (or Video) Recording, then press the red circle to start and then the black square to stop when you're done.

Easy, easy, easy.

4. i-unit123 thread starter macrumors member

i-unit123

will imovie/quicktime automatically detect the isight/built in microphone as the device i want to use? i believe i tried this with imovie before and it says it cannot find any connected DV cameras. how do i get it to use the isight?

5. savar macrumors 68000

savar

i'm surprised there aren't any apps out there yet to have fun with the isight built-in. does anybody know if there's an API for it?

6. mduser63 macrumors 68040

mduser63

QuickTime Pro recognizes the built-in iSight in my Intel iMac by default. As for applications that use the built-in iSights, Delicious Library will work with built-in iSights, so Apple obviously has given developer's access to it.