software for monitor resolutions in menubar?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kwikdeth, Jan 20, 2005.

1. kwikdeth macrumors 6502a

Hi!!!

I was wondering if anybody knows of a piece of software for selecting monitor resolutions in my menu bar? I know that it sounds silly, since you can have the monitor resolution already there through the preference in the Displays System Preference, but let me tell you it's a Piece-O-$&#@!!! Back since the days of Jaguar, that function has worked erratically at best. Know how you can select the number of recent display modes for that menu? How come it displays resolutions IVE NEVER EVEN USED, let alone the last actual three resolutions I had things set at. This is infuriating and the time has come for it to end.

Please, if you have any suggestions, please post them. I'd like something that works in the menu bar but anything else would be great. thank you in advance!!!!!

2. thrillz3 macrumors member

Why not just make it last 10 used modes? It's bound to be in there then unless you're really unlucky.

3. kwikdeth thread starter macrumors 6502a

ive tried using all kinds of different settings, 10, 5, 3... when its at 10, sometimes ONE of the recent resolutions i used might be there. More often than not, it will just list like 800x600 with 7 different Hz settings, then 1280x960 at some Hz my monitor won't even support, then two 2000+ settings. The resolutions I most frequently use are 1600x1200 @ 80hz, 1280x1024 @ 90hz, and 640x480 @ 120hz. Perhaps there is a way to force it to display ONLY those three?
    But let me tell you, if I were to tell it to display the three most recently used resolutions, then cycle through those three i just mentioned, they are NOT in my recent resolutions menu. Again, it's a bunch of arbitrary resolutions ive never even used. Ive done all the usual things, repair permissions, run tech tool and disk warrior, trashed monitor prefs, etc etc... none of them have worked. this problem continues.

4. emw macrumors G4

emw

I can't say that I've ever had this problem, but I am curious as to (1) why you need to switch resolutions so often, and (2) what system you are using - in terms of hardware and OS.

5. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I have not had any reason to use it, but perhaps SwitchRes is what you are looking for....oh yeah!