Software for running audio in theater production

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jante99, Sep 2, 2002.

1. jante99 macrumors newbie

Jul 22, 2002
    What software is recommended for running audio in a theatrical production, (music, sound effects, mics etc). The sound needs to run in a black box theater. I have a pretty open budget. Also what hardware do you recommend for outputting and inputting sound from a power mac. Does anyone know of a forum or website that is dedicated to stuff like this?

2. shadowfax0 macrumors 6502

May 2, 2002
    You know, i can't say the particular software, but I remember reading in MacWorld, that Blue Man Group runs their entire production (lighting and sound) from a Powermac G3, but I don't think they mentioned the software...I'll try ot find the article, but the software is out there, I know it :) I'll get back to you if I find the article...good luck!
  3. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Checkout Ableton Live. It is OS X native, it is designed specifically for live performance and it is ROCK SOLID. I've used it for live music/sound performance many a time and it is truly amazing. Nothing else like it. I've actually used it in a project where we performed a film score live while the movie was playing so it's definitely do-able. Download the demo and see what you think. If you have any questions or need any help feel free to ask. I've been using it since it's release.