Software installation, Panther & Xpost-facto

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slooksterPSV, Sep 22, 2004.

1. slooksterPSV macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

Hey I'm about to get a PBG3 Wallstreet Rev.B (I think) and it has 288MB RAM, 233MHz w/66MHz fsb, 30GB HDD, Cards for USB support, and anyways, my question is, should I use Xpost-facto to install Panther and why won't PBG3WRB (Powerbook G3 Wallstreet Revision B.) support Panther in the first place? Has anyone installed Xpost-facto and got Panther working? If so I'd love to know and love to know whats wrong and whats right. Thank you so much for your help you guys, right now when I get the PBG3 I'm going to stop w/WinXP.

2. slooksterPSV thread starter macrumors 68030

slooksterPSV

For anyone wondering about it, I found some information on the web that is useful: http://eshop.macsales.com/OSXCenter/XPostFacto/Framework.cfm?page=XPostFacto.html#preparing I do not recommend installing Xpost-facto because it only supports colors of up to 256 using the Kanga driver. So I'm not going to install Xpost and Panther. I'll just install Jaguar for now. I'm sure I can either program a program or find one that works like Expose (thats the main thing I want =( ). Good ole internet.