Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Regular-John

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 3, 2006
Sheffield, England
Hey All

Just got a couple of questions:

1 - Any free CD labeling progs out there? I have a couple of 'home made' cds that I'd like to put some artwork to. Google seems to find ones that just print iTunes artwork.

2 - What does everyone use Office wise? I'm using Open Office but I think it's a bit slow and ugly, any decent [free] alternatives out there?

3 - Final question, long shot really, anyone know of any ovulation calendar type programs out there? Tried Googling a few times, but most things it finds are for the PC, or just unsuitable.

Thank a lot!!!
RJ

Matt W

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2006
Essex, England.
Hey RJ,

Like you I'm new and gradually filling my applications folder. I tried Open Office but also thought it was very slow and ugly. I found Neo Office slightly more attactive but also quite slow - its from the same people as open office. Maybe you could try that.

If you find anything better thats free let me know too :)

DTphonehome

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2003
NYC
Regular-John said:
Hey All

Just got a couple of questions:

1 - Any free CD labeling progs out there? I have a couple of 'home made' cds that I'd like to put some artwork to. Google seems to find ones that just print iTunes artwork.

Just a word of advice about labelling your DVDs/CDs...it's not a good idea. The major problem is that if the label isn't centered PERFECTLY, the high speed rotation can damage your disk and/or drive. Just a word of caution. A better idea would be to buy one of the newer inkjet printers that print right onto a disc.

--DT

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
As far as 'Office' apps go, there's a broad selection. I use OpenOffice mostly, but there's also AbiWord (WP), and the already mentioned NeoOffice. If you want to spend money M$ Office:mac is well worth it.

::20ROGERSC::

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.