Software Restore Discs!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by videonastie, Feb 3, 2003.

1. videonastie macrumors member

I have just brought a 700 MHz iMac & when I turned it on, as usual it asked for the software restore discs. I put the 1st one in & then put the 2nd one in, but when I was getting ready to put the 3rd disc in, it never asked for it & just booted up in OS 10.2 as normal. What is the 3rd disc for, because I have always used 3 software restore discs when booting up a new machine?:confused:

2. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

there's only two discs for 10.2, tho Classic/9 might be on it's own, and of course developer tools, but they're not essential to the system. when i installed jag it only took two CDs...

pnw

3. Bear macrumors G3

The number of software restore discs varies by what machine and options you have, as well as with when the particular restore set was made.

Last year, the iMac G4 with Superdrive was 5 restore discs.
    The Powerbook (TiBook) with ComboDrive was 3 CDs.

These numbers change with the amount of software preloaded on the machine. Also, there have been rumors of a some new machines shipping with a software restore dvd.

4. dricci macrumors 6502a

Just curious, since when does the first boot-up require Software Restore CDs to be loaded? This seems very un-user friendly. My SuperDrive eMac (purchased in October) didn't require this, it booted directly to the register form, and then straight to OS X. :confused:

5. Bear macrumors G3

Did you use the restore discs or the OS X/Jaguar discs?