Software to Add songs to an iPod linked to another computer?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by DXoverDY, Aug 25, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Ok here's the deal. I have a 20gig iPod linked to my PC. Larger HD, etc etc etc. PC went poof about two months ago and I haven't managed to get it working yet... going to just replace it with a Mac Pro in the future. In the mean time my PowerBook works fine but if I link it to my PB I lose my music from the PC (where my entire music collection is). Now it's not a big deal if I lose the music it is safe on the PC, PC just has a toasted motherboard. But I don't want to be without my music for an extended period of time. I have since got a few new CDs and would like to just Add them to my iPod.

Is there any software that will allow me to just add a few more songs to an iPod linked to another computer? Since linking it to my PB's iTunes will cause it to erase my collection on the iPod.

2. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Interestingly enough, by going the manual managing route I can now put songs on the iPod from any computer... groovy.