software to duplicate dvd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sylvain, Oct 24, 2003.

1. sylvain macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2003
    lyon france
    i just bought an iMac with a dvd burner... but cant figure out how to duplicate my dvd movies for my own use of course...
    can you help me out ?
  2. dynamicd macrumors 6502

Jul 16, 2002
    I think if you do a search for this you'll probably come up with quite a few results. You'll definitely need DVD backup and toast if you intend to copy your movies.
  3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Jan 7, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Re: software to duplicate dvd

If you're trying to duplicate copyrighted DVDs (i.e., not home movies, but studio ones), they have copy protection that, unless you hack it, will prevent your doing what you're trying to do.
  4. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2002
    In a Mauve Dream
    Re: software to duplicate dvd

DVD BackUp to decode it

DVDOneX to process to fit in 4.7GB DVD

Toast Titanium to burn it.

If you follow the Read Me's, it will work flawlessly, guaranteed. They are not free apps, and I think they're over-priced, but they WILL work. If you're parsimonious, you can "demo" DVDBackUp and DVDOneX from Gnutella (use LimeWire or Poisoned). But you should buy Toast anyway: very, very useful app suite.
  5. jelwell macrumors member

Jan 31, 2003
    Toast will copy dvds that you've made yourself using iDVD. Which is great, cause then you don't need to keep around the soft copy to make duplicates. I'm betting disk copy will do it to, but i've never tried.

if you're trying to dupe your copyrighted cds it's not a pretty process.
  6. jonapete2001 macrumors regular

Oct 20, 2003
    For my pc i use dvd x copy xpress. I think on their website they said they were working on mac version. On the windows side this is by far the easiest solution for copying protected movies.

This is only legal if you already own the actual dvd.
  7. sylvain thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2003
    lyon france
    Re: Re: software to duplicate dvd

Thank you so much !!!