Software Update is harassing me!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Stampyhead, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Not that it's really a big deal, but my DP G5 2.0 at work is hell bent on me downloading the latest iPod Updater. I normally plug my iPod into my Powerbook, but one day I didn't have it with me at work and needed to charge its battery so I plugged into the G5 just to charge. Ever since then the G5 will not stop bugging me about downloading iPod updates. Sometimes I give in just to shut it up, other times I ignore it by hitting Quit whenever it pops up telling me to download. If there is other stuff on there that I do want to download, I just uncheck iPod Updater, telling the computer that, no, I do not want to download it. But the next time Software Update opens, there it is, taunting me again to download it. It haunts my waking hours, filling me with dread for the next time Software Update will open and iPod Updater will once again rear its ugly head. Am I doomed to a lifetime of downloading iPod Updater to a computer that has no iPod attached to it, or is there a way to tell Software Update that I do not want it anymore and to stop telling me to download it?!
    My sanity and I both thank you.

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

While Software Update is open highlight the update you want to ignore and press delete. Then press ok.

3. Stampyhead thread starter macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

Thanks grapes! I should have known it would be that easy. I will sleep better tonight.