Software Update problem

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Le Big Mac, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

I have all the newest versions of iLife. Yet software update wants me to download itunes 3.0.1 and imovie 3.0.2 (or whatever the newest versions are). I have those already, although I did move them into a different folder. Why is software update doing this? Or better, how can I tell it to recognize that I already have the most recent versions (confirmed by looking at the info panels, etc.).

TIA

2. Billicus macrumors 6502a

Billicus

Software Update could be checking to see if you have the latest versions of iLife in your Applications Folder. It's a little bit picky about the location of Applications on your hard drive. If you don't wanting it bugging you, you could always select the files in Software Update and select "Make Inactive".:)

3. 000111one111000 macrumors regular

Keep all of your applications in the Applications folder. If you don't, Software Update will think you don't have the latest software and try to update it.

If you move them back and then run Software Update, it'll probably say everything is up to date.

enoch

4. Le Big Mac thread starter macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Thanks

I put them all into a subfolder called iApps within the applications folder. Guess that's what messed it up. It seems like something that shouldn't get messed up so easily, but I guess that's the way it is.