Software Update still stinks!!! 10.2.1 install woes.

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Draft, Sep 18, 2002.

1. Draft macrumors 6502

After updating to 10.2.1, I noticed that I forgot to move my image capture program back to the applications folder because there was a folder there called Image Capture. This has happened once before, so I ALWAYS check that all Apple apps are where they should be. This time I missed one :( .

Do I have to wait until there is a downloadable updater to fix this? I checked Apple's page and there was nothing there yet.

When will Apple get their act together and fix this absolutely annoying problem? The part that really gets me is that the Applications tab in the Apple System Profiler shows where all of the Apple apps are (even when you move them), but the installer sure as hell can't find them!?!? Rediculous!!

Later,
    Draft

2. Draft thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, Apple posted a stand-alone installer on the support document page. I fixed Image Capture. This does not, however, change the fact that Apple needs to update the software update util. to find the apps to be updated, no matter where they are.

Draft

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

yeah , they need to fix that, even if its not in its default place, apple forsham