software update trouble

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by chibianh, Oct 17, 2002.

1. chibianh macrumors 6502a

chibianh

This has been happening to me for the past few days. It's accompanied by a noise coming from right below the 6 and 7 keys... almost like a buzzing noise. I'm on a tibook 800 with 512 mb ram running 10.2.1. AND, i'm connected to the internet.

Attached Files:

2. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

same thing on my iBook running 10.2.1. I think it's a server problem. Edit: oops didn't see the noise thing. That's not happening on mine.

3. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

The noise that your hearing is being caused by the fan. The fan on the powerbooks is under the 6 and 7 keys (sorta). My guess with the information that you've given is that you rprocessor is overheating thus causing software update to fail. If this is causing one thing to fail, most everything should be dying (program wise) as well.

BEN

4. chibianh thread starter macrumors 6502a

chibianh

Heh.. I realize the fan is under there, but it wasn't running. Also, during the time, CPU usage is around 15%. So I guess I can rule out overheating as the issue. But the buzzing noise still unexplainable. Anyone else with a PB hear the noise? On mine, it's not on now, but comes and goes.