Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Hello. My company want to set me up so I can work both from the office and from home. (I use a G5 tower at work and I would use my personal laptop at home)

I wanted to know if we can legally use the same application (Quark, Adobe CS, Suitcase, Microsoft Office) on both "work" and "home" computers if they aren't used at the same time. I don't think Office will be a problem since our company has volume licensing but I'm unsure about the other apps.

Thanks

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Adobe apps are fine, in their license they specifically state that home & office are OK...

Quark 6+ is OK too, but you have to activate it on your 2nd machine too. Any more than those 2 activations and it'll get ugly... This is something that is now free, up until a few months ago you had to pay for that 2nd use... :rolleyes:

Suitcase, I highly doubt...

I'm responsible for sorting out licences for the Macs at work to ensure FAST specifications so have some recent experience in this.

srobert

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 7, 2002
Thanks for the quick reply. That money saved on software can go on hardware ^_^ Good news.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.