Solar power in Minnesota/America/Network News

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by G51989, Jan 3, 2014.

1. macrumors 68030

G51989

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/1/2/major-solar-energyplanforminnesotawinsbidovergas.html

Just kind of a random topic, this made huge news in the state, And several online news agency's covered it, as did Al Jazeera America.

Has it been implemented yet? No, but the studies seem to show that Solar would be the way to go as an alternative power source over natural gas.

But I found it strange that not a single American news outlet covered this. In fact, you never see them covering any major development in alternative energy.

Could it be backlash from Americans fossil fuel cartel they are worried about?

I often wonder if the reason most alternative energy news in America are not covered by major networks in America, is because of all the sway the cartel has?

2. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

I'm all for maximizing solar energy. But I'm surprised that this could be decided by one judge.

From your source ...

That looks like some pretty arcane governing going on over there.

3. macrumors 68020

localoid

The way I understand this, the state Public Utilities Commission has to sign off on this before it would go into effect.

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

G51989

The judge makes the first ruling, and it still must be approved by the MPUC as it seems, so its not like one guy is saying it has to be built.

5. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

What does this one sentence mean ...?

What were the energy companies doing to lead the MPUC to bring this before a judge?

6. macrumors 68020

localoid

7. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

8. macrumors 68020

localoid

There comes a time when you have to do your homework, if you want answers.

9. macrumors 65816

citizenzen

Sorry.

But your unwillingness to discuss the issue isn't inspiring me to put in the effort.

10. macrumors 68020

localoid

There was a time when grandpa read the paper to the family at the diner table and then explained what the news really meant to the children.

That was then and this is now.

Thanks to the amazing power of the 'Net, you can link, read it, and you won't need a grandpa to explain things to you.