iPad Sold iPad 2...Did I do okay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SachaMac, Jan 2, 2013.

1. macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I just sold and shipped my iPad 2. It was jailbroken on 5.1 and I restored it to factory default and updated it to iOS 6.
    I deleted my email/itunes account from the device after setting it up as new.
    Is there anything I missed or should have done? Could they recover anything?
    I had a few financial apps on the device and I'm just making sure the device was like brand new when I sent it off. Please give me peace of mind! haha.

2. macrumors 603

mobilehaathi

You'll be fine, don't worry!

3. macrumors 68000

pooleman

How much did you get for it?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I listed it on Amazon for $340.. but thats because I wanted to sell it immediately. I probably could have listed it for $350-360 because it was in "very good" condition.
    All in all after Amazons fee's I made around 320. (or lost around 180 if you think that way, haha!)
    It was a baselin wifi in white.

----------

I sure hope so. And while you're here, haha.. Do you think the new iPods are worth the $300?

5. macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

One thing you may want to check is your Apple Support Profile. If your device is still listed as yours you'll need to go to this site and remove it from your profile. That way, when they set up their new iPad, they won't get a message stating that it needs to be setup with another user's account.

6. Guest

For next time...

Settings -> erase all content and settings. That's it. Don't bother with the other stuff or setting up the device again.

7. macrumors 68040

boshii

No way. Why not just get a mini?

8. macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Because not everyone wants to carry around a tablet?

9. macrumors 603

No way? It has the same specs for $30 less than the mini. You get 16GB extra but a smaller screen that's Retina. I see that as worth it but I want the tablet form factor.