Sold my Apple TV without factory restore? What to do now?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Ericshoot, Mar 9, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

I sold my apple tv 2 online and just shipped it today. I just realized that I forgot to do a factory restore. I just changed my password for iTunes account. I also deactivated all my devices on the netflix website. Is there anything else i should do to make sure whoever uses my old apple tv doesn't have access to my account?

2. macrumors member

Change your password

Change the password on your account. When the Apple TV tries to authorize it will reject the account.

3. macrumors 6502a

Sayer

Yeah change your iTunes (aka Apple ID) password immediately.

I dont think "Deauthorize devices" works with AppleTVs, but it comes in handy if a Mac of some sort on your account is stolen, broken or replaced.

4. macrumors 65816

shenfrey

What about netflix? I was using my sisters account and i forgot to reset argh!!

5. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Okay...

What's the worst that could happen, they'd watch movies for free until you changed your password?

6. macrumors 603

heisenberg123

your not charged any extra for multiple devices using netflix but if you really losing sleep over someone geting free netflix change your password

7. macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

You need to change your Netflix password. What can happen is that you go to watch a movie on Netflix and it won't let you because you are already using your two streams. I have many devices that have Netflix and have encountered this when 10 year old daughter is watching one show and her four year old sister is watching another. No room for me!