Soldier of Fortune II Gold.

Discussion in 'Games' started by speedemonV12, Dec 15, 2005.

1. speedemonV12 macrumors 6502

Hi guys...i have been reading up on some of the threads that i find on this game, but they all seem to be from last year. Most have them had said that they are not gettin very smooth game play. I am running a windows xp computer right now, and playin the demo...but i have a copy of the full version, and i am gettin 90 fps consistently...i was wondering if anyone has tested the game under VPC, recently, because all of the posts that i had found were very old...Also, if the gameplay for the version that was made for mac has improved at all since the computers, and hardware have gotten a lot better since then....So basically just wondering how the game was playing lately...i am buying one of the new intel macs power books, when they come out....so thanks...

2. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

It wont run VPC, doesnt support 3D graphics.

3. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

ya but i heard that some people were able to run cs through there...
    anyway...has the performance of hte game gone up since we are now using better computer from when the game came out in 2002, and the other topics from 03 04.....

4. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Thoughs rumors where completely wrong, there is NO WAY CS or any other 3D game can run on VPC, I suggest ebay or building a cheap PC for gaming.

5. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

okay...i understand that it wont run in VPC...but what about the soldier of fortune 2 for mac.....they had said that it was a nice game, just did not run very smoothly...i was wondering, if now, with better computers, if the game runs just as smooth as it would on a pc...on pc i get 90 fps...does it get that on a mac?

6. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

I got 25-50 fps consistently on my iBook G4...seemed to work well enough for my needs. Haven't tried it on my Powerbook though.

7. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502

was that fps on the single player version, or the multiplayer version...i also know that they make a demo for the pc, just the one map the shop....do you know if they have that on the mac, or is there any way to get it to run on the mac?

8. speedemonV12 thread starter macrumors 6502