some advise about women

Discussion in 'Community' started by indifference, Jan 24, 2005.

1. indifference macrumors regular

There are two girls I am interested in. The first girl, I asked what kind of music do you like, she said opera and classical. I then told her, do you know that I can tell? She said how? I said I can hear it in your voice. I do also. She gave me her email address and wanted to go to a classical concert sometime. Another girl I liked before, but didn't tell her because people told me she was gay,but I told her the other day I liked her. We were together at an event and sat next to each other. One girl is classy the other is not so much. Should I just wait and see what happens, to me it doesn't matter which one I were to go with.

There is this thing at school that when they hand out wrong emails and phone numbers it's quite possible that they don't like you. I didn't exchange contact info with one girl, but the girl that likes classical and opera did give me her right email address.

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's not just at school :eek:

3. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

heh so that's a good thing she gave me the right email?? Would you believe that to me it wouldn't matter which girl I went with? The problem is the classy girl may want to go back to New York, I want to stay in Seattle. Would I convice her that the Seattle Symphony, one of the best int he world, is a really good and to stay to be with me, since she gave me the right email *smile*

4. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Nice to see you're not picky! ;) :p

5. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I can tell you one thing. If you don’t decide you won’t get anyone. I had this so often when I was younger that when I liked one girl and didn’t tell her because I was too shy and there was another girl that liked me but I didn’t take her because I liked the other, then I finally ended alone. So if it really doesn’t matter to you, take the chance. But whatever you do, don’t date both at the same time!

6. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

heh I had known that.

7. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Very true. Trust me. It never turns out good. If you're lucky enough to find more than one woman who you really like who really likes you, and you can't decide between them, no matter how hard you try... then decide anyway. Flip a coin. Consult a mystic. Whatever. Just pick one.

And, for what it's worth, at your (assumed) age, there's about a 0.001% chance that you've already met someone with whom you could happily grow old. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over your decision. And I wouldn't base your decision on who might or might not be moving.

8. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

hey so anyway, what if I don't want to go back to New York?

9. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Date the one you feel most comfortable with. If that one moves, deal with the issue then. Don't base a decision on the possibility that maybe one of them might move. It might even be better to choose the one who might be moving, because, if you don't, and she does, you might always wonder "what if", but if you do choose her and it doesn't "click", you won't ever wonder about it again.

10. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

What if i told you, that I will never go to the east coast again, not even New York to be with a girl that I may be most compatible with. I would rather stay in Seattle or San Fran. I am from Washington DC and I hate the people.

Maybe date the one I can get... an email is just a sign.

11. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

I'd still say you're way too worried about a possible future event. And trust me, if you found the right woman, you'd move anywhere.

12. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

yea I know, I have to see how good she is with email, anyway, maybe she will be at the orchestra concert.

13. Lyle macrumors 68000

Lyle

Ah, so I'm not the only one who stumbled over that transition. Here, the author is commenting on his inner struggle when considering his affection for the "classy girl", who gave our hero her legitimate e-mail address but who may want to leave Seattle and move back to New York. He prefers classy girl, but has vowed never to return the East Coast, even if it means losing out on a potential soul mate.

And therein lies the dilemma. Should he swallow his pride and take a chance on love in the Big Apple? Or should he instead settle for the crypto-lesbian, who is less classy but who seems more likely to remain in the Seattle area? Stay tuned.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, don't base your decision on something that's going to happen 3 years from now.

Who knows....maybe she'll change her mind in the meantime. Also, you're deciding on who to date. What makes you think it's a sure thing that this relationship lasts 3 years? You're dating. You're testing out people to see which girl is most compatible with you. This relationship may only last a few months, no matter whom you choose, because neither of them may pass the compatibility test.

15. emw macrumors G4

emw

According to his profile, he's 26. Although based on the post, I would have assumed younger (referencing the "school activity" thing).

At 26, you probably do need to consider the potential future ramifications to some degree, but if this "classy" woman is truly someone with whom you'd like to become more acquainted, then go for it. Although if these are "school" events, and you're 26, I am assuming she's also somewhere close to that age, and not something like 19, in which case pondering your future with her is probably not necessary.

16. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

yes I agree with the first last two posts, but I will never go to new york, not even for this girl. I thought she and i were really compaitble, but I would not go there for here. Even if she were my soul mate. I have decided to become a radiologist and i want to work before at the Medical Center in the UW. i would rather do that, than go to New York. I already am about to have an interview anyway in a few weeks. I would rather have a job than a girl friend. I also look at it this way, if she can't be with me in Seattle, she probably doesn't really want to be with me. Giving me the right email address is not the automatic, it's just a sign.

17. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

All this because she gave you an accurate email?

And I'll be a Medical Physicist in a few years, and there are lots and lots of places to get a job, even in NY. Its not the end of the world if you don't get that particular job. Its harder to find a girl you're completely compatible with, then a job as a "radiologist". ;)

What did you plan on doing as a Radiologist, specifically? Is it treatment with LINACS? Sorry, but sometimes different terms (Radiologist, Radiotherapists, etc), have different meanings in different places.

18. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

I think you are missing the point some of these posters are making, and focusing on entirely the wrong thing.

You need to get a date first, then worry about that and whether you'll be lucky enough to get a second date.

Not about what city you'll end up in...

You are taking this far too seriously, to the extent I'm beginning to think this is a complete wind up. You will totally freak any girl out if you were to discuss this with them before you have even had a date.

19. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

That's why I think he should ask them both out! Go out on dates with each of them, and get to know them better. Then after a few dates with each girl decide which one is working out, or which you feel more compatible with. The first few dates are usually nothing more than interviews...some get more involved than others, but that's for you to decide. ;)

20. indifference thread starter macrumors regular

hey that email thing was actually a joke, and probably she did because it didn't come back, so that's a good shot. It's a question of how good or bad she is with it, like if I have to actually email her agian to let her know who i was. and I have a BS degree and an interview there in a few weeks, in the hospital. My plan is to work and then go take classes later on. You can take classes at discounts and that way I could continue my education. I want to go into reserach. I somehow just have to find housing.

To me it wouldn't matter which girl I went with, but the girl did give me the right address and so that's a start. Hey I think ahead anyway, so that's a start right. That I could tell she liked opera and classical music, just like I do. It may not be a date, but she didn't give me the wrong address. Hey this sounds crazy but I'd rather work in that hospital than be with this girl in a place like new york, I really don't want to go back. If she loves me, she will stay in Seattle, maybe she will... We will have to see if she goes to the first classical concert or not.

21. Jdm_rsx macrumors 6502

i have a headache after reading this whole thing however
    i got one bit of advice for you

let me introduce you to the clubrsx / birds and bees section

http://forums.clubrsx.com/forumdisplay.php?f=145

its more teens - matured ppl on there

they offer great advice as well

and i still have no clue what your talking about..

can you clear things up a bit?

what is it that you REALLY REALLY want?

what r u lookin to achieve?

radiologist? an tech?

logist usually means doctor..in my case....

rad tech can find a job anywhere in the USA..i mean ANYWHERE.....its in demand just like nursing..why worry?

enjoy

22. rogerw macrumors 6502

23. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I go by the T&A principle. If they have a nice T and a nice A, they are the ones you go after. Try to avoid girls with a butter face, but you already instinctively know that. Good luck!

24. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

What a smoothie... :rolleyes:

A completely crap piece of advice.

25. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

T&A = Temperment and Austerity. Yes I am a smoothie. :)

Why would you say its a piece of crap advice?