Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rascalmaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
Nice! This is great news. I'm still missing mine. Apple received them last Monday in Ireland but since then I haven't heard anything. How long did it take in your case?
someone emailed me the next day to say they were sending a replacement... and i received those the following day. check your spam filter?

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
someone emailed me the next day to say they were sending a replacement... and i received those the following day. check your spam filter?
Jipp. The Advisor told me last week, he is still waiting for an OK from the Development-Center. They have mine over a week now. Emailed he advisor an hour ago. I'll have to wait for his response. I hate waiting so much...

Reactions: rascalmaster

nyjoe84

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2009
Brooklyn
I don't know why but recently my right air pod is always showing me its dead, and the left is fully charged, Is there any way I can set these b/c thats ridiculous

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
he responded me yesterday, that I should already have received a new pair but he can't see, that something was send to me. Now emails the dev-center.. It seems, apple lost mine.

rascalmaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
So done another full charge cycle last night... will leave them untouched and see what they're like later today.

Attachments

• IMG_0534.PNG
    IMG_0534.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 162

rascalmaster

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2013
Update 5 hours from full overnight charge and no use...
Pods now topped up to 100% and case down to 90% :-(

Attachments

• IMG_0556.PNG
    IMG_0556.PNG
    2.2 MB · Views: 110

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
It really seems like a software bug of the iPhone. Try this: Use them until they are at 75%, put them into the case and make a screenshot. close the lid and don't open it for 12h or 24h. I bet, the case won't lose more then 2-5% (only what is needed to recharge the AirPods)

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
Opening and closing the case without use seems to cause battery drain. From now on, only check the battery before taking the AirPods out of the case for use and when putting them back in after use. This seems to have minimized the drain issue for many, including me. I got exactly 23 hours of use from my AirPods over the last 4 days, whereas before I'd get around 20% drain per day when checking the battery every hour or 2.

JTravers

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2010
My case and AirPods remained fully charged for six days, at rest. But when I used the AirPods they lasted only one hour 59 minutes of continual phone conversation.

Apple says they only have 2 hour talk time, so that seems exactly right.

Berti10

macrumors 6502
Jan 24, 2012
had a new firmware update come through to the AirPods... seem to be much better now.
Same here. Even though I don't reach the 24h additional Battery life, I recharge once a Week, which I'm Fine with. And the range seem to extend, everytime I recharge

redshovel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2007
Opening and closing the case without use seems to cause battery drain. From now on, only check the battery before taking the AirPods out of the case for use and when putting them back in after use. This seems to have minimized the drain issue for many, including me. I got exactly 23 hours of use from my AirPods over the last 4 days, whereas before I'd get around 20% drain per day when checking the battery every hour or 2.

I have observed exactly the same results.

Simonrb

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Dunno about anyone else but I charged mine 4 days ago, not used them at all and checked on them twice over the last 2 days and both case and AirPods are still 100%. Result! Looks like it's finally sorted

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.