Some Apple Retail Stores Offering 30-Day Window to Exchange iPads for New Model

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Oct 23, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

With Apple's introduction of the fourth-generation iPad today, some recent purchasers of the third-generation model may be feeling somewhat disappointed that their new devices have been supplanted by an unexpectedly short upgrade cycle. CNET reports, however, that those who purchased their iPads within the past 30 days may be able to exchange their devices for new models at their local Apple Stores.
    [​IMG]
    The report suggests that the extended return window is not an official company policy and thus customers may find spotty adherence to it, but stores generally have some flexibility in allowing returns considering certain circumstances, and with any luck some recent iPad customers may find themselves able to upgrade to the latest model without penalty.

Article Link: Some Apple Retail Stores Offering 30-Day Window to Exchange iPads for New Model

2. macrumors 65816

Can we get a 6 month window for those who get scammed by Apple back in March?

3. macrumors 65816

GenesisST

I wish they'd made it 4 months, my iPad 3 suddenly stopped working... :-D

Seriously, still a fine, fine device!

4. macrumors 6502

i wonder if they'll still serve you 3rd gen ipads if you break it and use your applecare+ ADH.

5. macrumors member

We didn't get scammed at all; your iPad hasn't got any worse. And there were no guarantees from Apple that they wouldn't upgrade this year anyway. Besides, this updated version isn't that much better.

6. macrumors regular

How, in heaven's name, could you possibly consider yourself to have been scammed?

Don't be silly.

7. macrumors 68020

3rd gen iPad owner:

Buuuuttt Apple, can't you just take us out to dinner first? I usually like to get treated to a good meal before getting ******.

8. macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I was hoping for an older Apple style upgrade program... bring in your iPad and pay X amount of money to have it upgraded to an iPad 4!

That's what they did back in the Apple II days... :p

9. macrumors 68020

How so?

10. macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

How did you get scammed? You got exactly what you paid for, right? So Apple updated the product. That happens. Deal with it. (And yes, I have an iPad 3 too. Have enjoyed it since launch. Will continue enjoying it).

11. macrumors 6502

TimUSCA

What a ridiculous way to look at it. It's been 7 months with the 3rd-gen iPad. Does it suck that there's a *slightly better* version out? Maybe. But you owned a 3rd-gen iPad for 7 months, and it didn't suddenly become obsolete just because a new one came out.

12. macrumors member

I guess a significant amount of people drop upwards of £399 without any research at all. Rumours of a refresh were around after all.

Hope the annual iPad refresh remains, which is when I'll be upgrading I expect.

13. macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Apple thanks you for being a beta tester of the retina version.

14. macrumors 6502a

Is having the latest and greatest iThing for, oh, a year at least THAT important to people?

This is a great change for Apple - getting the latest tech out there as soon as they can instead of holding it back for six months or more for the big launch.

15. macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

This happens to products all the time. It's gonna happen to the Nexus 7 owners who just bought 16GB at $249 when the introduce the 32GB at $249 next week. Not only that, it is about 3-4 months later. This happens in the Android world ALL the time, just look at all the Motorola Droid products, ask the the Razer MAXX guys.

16. macrumors 68040

rwilliams

Apparently so. These fools act as if their iPad 3 will stop working or that Apple will cripple it from the mothership now that a new version is on the streets. It still does the exact same damn things it did yesterday.

17. macrumors 68000

rorschach

Were iPhone 4S owners who bought their phone 7 months before the iPhone 5 was announced "scammed" too?

18. macrumors 6502a

zone23

The A6 is just kick a$$ and they want to get it in the hands of the customer nothing wrong with that. At least they didn't announce the new ATV with the A6..

19. macrumors regular

Sadly, my iPad 3 is 3 months old. I wonder what the market on eBay is like to sell an iPad. Anyone know of anywhere else good to sell an iPad?

20. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

HUh?

Scammed? Did your iPad stop working?

21. macrumors 603

jrswizzle

I have no doubt Apple stores will allow the 30-day window. They are all about customer service....never had a bad experience in an Apple store!

That being said, I've had great use of my iPad (3rd gen) but I would be selling it regardless of the 4th gen's release. It just so happens this way is easier for me - sell the 3 (and my wife's 2), buy a 4 and mini comes for Christmas!

22. macrumors 6502a

Asclepio

people still talk about 3rd gen ipad, it's old stuff move on

23. macrumors 6502a

zone23

Oh and BTW every Apple product you currently own is now out dated as they updated just about every product they have.. Come on Tax return j/k..

24. realeric, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

macrumors 6502a

Is your iPad 3 sluggish?
    Isn't the safari on your iPad 3 snappier?

25. macrumors 68030

MrXiro

People who have a void in their lives that they fill with Tech... I'm one of these empty people... I shall be leaping off a bridge today.