Some Canon Printer Questions...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by i4k20c, Jun 21, 2006.

1. i4k20c macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    I just recently purchased the Canon MP450 for $55 after rebates :D (Happy about my awsome deal) for college next year, and i had some questions. I currently have the 1.5ghz 12inch G4 Powerbook, and Canon states that the MP450 is bluetooth compatible but you need some sort of adapter (BU-20) for it. I notice alot of other companies sell these bluetooth looking adapters for alot cheaper, can i use those instead of the $80 canon one? Also, does anyone know any good websites to get usb 2.0 cables or ink for cheap, i'd prefer the ink to be Canon ink though and not the generic or ink refil type kits. :)

Links to various Iterms i am talking about:

Canon Multifunction Printer (MP450)

Canon Bluetooth Adapter (BU-20)

Thank You :eek:
  2. i4k20c thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 10, 2005
    I know someone on this forum has got to tried not using the canon bluetooth device and something else with bluetooth capable canon printers. :confused: :confused:
  3. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

May 28, 2004
    In a false sense of reality...My Mind!
    FWIW I used my AE with printer usb port. I have an Epson that uses a dongle for wifi and works fine but I haven't tried the BT dongle with my Canon yet. I was told it would work but I'm not going through the buying/setup/return hassle until I get a MB, then I'll try it out.
  4. lizzy1 macrumors newbie

Jan 8, 2009
    help with printer

I just bought a canon pixar mp260 printer
    I installed it on my power book
    The preview looks fine, however, when printing it leaves a big gab at the top and does not finish the last few lines on the bottom.
    I also installed it on my pc and it seems fine.
    I need to get it working with my mac. Can anybody help?