Some CC!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Aperture, Apr 23, 2007.

1. macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi Everyone. 'Just looking for some CC from my recent trip to the National Aviary. I posted these on FredMiranda too but wanted your opinions also. Rather than posted them here and killing people on dial up, here is a link to my SmugMug album with a few selections from the trip.

All were shot with a Nikon D50 and a Tamron 70-300mm macro/telephoto lens.

Thanks!

2. macrumors regular

Wow, these photos are really nice. The colors are so warm and rich.

-T

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Thanks for the kind words!

Some of the pics are a little noisy so I might have to NoiseNinja em'. It was pretty dim so I shot on ISO 800/1600.:(

4. macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Very nice work. I like your framing, and the B&W one is stunning. Only thing is that the fourth one seems to have some shake. Try sharpening it up a bit. Other than that, great colors!

5. macrumors member

Simply AMAZING

All i can say is wow! that D50 really performs well. the colors are soooo vibrant and.....just....wow. Nice work!

6. macrumors 68020

wmmk

Nice shots. I really ought to find someplace like that in my area. The bokeh is certainly nice for a 'cheap zoom' like your tamron. I'm also impressed by the high-ISO saturation from your D50. Did you do any saturation enhancement in post processing?

7. thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Thanks again everyone for the comments!

Will, I did bump the saturation a tiny bit as I was shooting through glass for most of em', and the color was a little diminished. I'm sure you could find an aviary in Chicago, take a look around! I'm glad I went and it was certainly a fun trip.. out of the ordinary photo shoot. :)

8. macrumors 6502

b0tt094

wow, the dof on 1 and 3 are amazing, It creates and abstract background that looks great with the the details of the birds