some general 360 questions!

Discussion in 'Games' started by GOTML, May 3, 2006.

1. GOTML macrumors member

alright, could you please answer the following questions for me:

using the install CD found on ebay or w.e: can i install the data eneballing me to play xbox games on the 360 onto my 360 using my memory card.. or do i HAVE to buy the hard drive. also could i use an external USB hard drive to load this data. is there Any way to play original xbox games on my 360 without paying over 100$ for a xbox branded hard drive.

also is there any operating system or anything allowing you to save games onto an external drive?

thanks in advance!

2. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Yes, you have to buy an HD. No, it can't be stored on a memory card. No, you cannot use a different HD. No, there is no OS. MS has locked the console down pretty tight.

3. GOTML thread starter macrumors member

thanks alot! i guess ill have to bite the bullet and go buy one..:rolleyes:

thanks for all the help!

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

You don't need to buy a CD off ebay, you can download it off Microsoft's website.

5. mac4drew macrumors regular

mac4drew

Yeah just get the Platinum/Pro bundle or whatever, people think they're getting a great deal with the Core system until they take it home and it's not backwards compatible with Xbox, they can't save their games, and it's incompatible with even some new 360 games that require the HD. Core is basically just a scam so they can say THE XBOX 360 IS ONLY $399!!!

6. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Sorry to be so kurt, it's just that MS really has locked you in here. That's why I bought a Premium system on Launchday (and am now on my third console due to freezing issues). Core system=Lame. MS didn't put anything in with that Core unit.

7. GOTML thread starter macrumors member

Well i bought the core because my parents didn't want me spending any more on a system and i was fine with that. i just won't tell them that i buy a hard drive. but the thing is ive paid for every singal electronic i own (some games were bought for me) but other then that i paid for every computer/gaming system/tv/monitor etc. only musical and sporting equip is purchased for me or i pay half. such as drums and hockey. anyway thanks for the help. anyone know where i can get a good deal on a MS HD> i would transfer my data onto the HD then i would sell the mem. card.

Thanks..
    -Wes