Some help needed on a non-functioning Powerbook

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sven071, Jan 13, 2006.

1. Sven071 macrumors newbie

Ok, I'm going to try and explain the problem the best way I can and maybe a few of you guys can help before I take it in to the Apple Store. 2 nights ago I downloaded this battery optimizer from software update and ever since my laptop has been funkey Applications won't open, it won't fully reboot.......... and other funkey things.......... Anyway... is there any way for me to remove that battery optimizer. All help is welcome :) Thanks

2. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

how about you post the link to what you download...

and explain "funkey" in more verbose terms because we cannot read your mind.

3. Sven071 thread starter macrumors newbie

There is no link... it was an option in Software Update.....
    ok well here is what it is doing..... when i reboot, the screen will come up but won't fully load.... that pinwheel thing just spins where the mouse pointer is. I can't select any applications, internet don't work.... and ya.. the hard drive sounds like it constently seeking.

4. jimthorn macrumors 6502a

jimthorn

The only recent battery software from Apple is the battery firmware update for specific models of PowerBook 15". I hope that if this is what you installed that your computer is one of the models listed and that the install went smoothly. Here's more information about it:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=303035