Some help with MBP ''hanging'' at shut down please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by doodydean, Jan 25, 2010.

1. macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2010
    Hi ladies/gentlemen.

Just a quick bit of help needed if it's at all possible.

I have searched the forums and I have gathered that there is usually no specific reason as to why ''hanging'' may occur, my shut down time was usually within 3-5 seconds, now it's taking 30-60. I have followed some of the procedures suggested in other threads so hopefully this is all of some use.

First of all I think this may have occurred post the latest firmware a few days ago, however I have had a little trouble with a program called Rapid Evolution crashing a few times lately and have since re-installed it. My friend recently installed Ps Extended for me as it was a little confusing for me. I also usually have a separate monitor connected to watch movies and tried doing so at a friends house on two of his lcd tv's last night if this is useful too.

I have ran the Disk Utility to verify/repair disk permissions.
    On the basis of that I achieved these results.

Then I decided to reset the PRAM and NVRAM

I have shut down to see if anything appeared within the Console Messages. I got the following results, which hopefully may mean a little more to those in the know.

When I try and look at my Activity Log there seems to be constant fluctuations, which I have tried my best to capture all of them to best aid anyone in understanding any problems and got images, which I have left links for due to size-

System Specs
    Running: Mac OSX 10.5.8
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,1
    Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 2 GB
    Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz
    Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B05
    SMC Version (system): 1.41f2

I apologise in advance for maybe providing too much information and using the bold text, I just thought it may be a little easier for people to skim through. Hope this can help you to help me, kindest regards, Dean :eek:
  2. macrumors 65816

John Doe 57

Jan 26, 2008
    Binghamton, NY
    Sometimes my MacBook Pro takes 10 seconds to shut down and other times it takes 90 seconds and its been like this for over a year.
  3. macrumors 65832

Sep 7, 2008
    do you rly want to know?
    i think the shutdown time has to do with the number of apps open at the time of shutdown.It takes a lot less time to quit textedit than say photoshop CS4.