Some intersting things I found in iTunes 5

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by celebi23, Sep 9, 2005.

1. celebi23 macrumors regular

May 31, 2004
    Found some cool stuff in the iTunes.rsrc and Localized.rsrc files within iTunes. A new "Purchased Movies" icon. And the iPod placeholder from iTunes 4.9 wasn't in there. In no way did it match up with the iPod nano's source column icon. Included the iPod nano pics for fun (Graphics relating to a future movie store) (Graphics relating to the iPod nano)

photobucket hosted versions of the pics:
  2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

Mar 9, 2005
    Those are actually really interesting finds. Good job. Can't wait for the movie portion of iTMS.
  3. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

Mar 13, 2005
    MMMMM...yes...verrrrry interesting!!

I'm going to go into one of my ever optimistic moods and hope that Apple will strike again while the "nano-news" blade is still hot and announce the movie store at Paris, or maybe later this year!!...

...ever hopeful!!! :D
  4. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

Oct 16, 2003
    One thing to note is that some of those graphics are already in use. For example there are a few music videos you can get through iTMS and some video podcasts, like Systm have videos and use that "Get Video" graphic already. So this might not be indicative of a movie store coming. Besides, wouldn't the button say "Buy Movie" instead?

Apple is definitely putting infrastructure in to make a movie store possible (video playback within iTunes, color screens on all the iPods, video content now available via iTMS) but these graphics don't make it any more likely, IMO.

Still, it's always interesting poking around the resources of programs though. You can find all the hidden goodies.