Some issues, Really dark screen coming out of "sleep"..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ViperDesign, Feb 17, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

So clicking on the home button to bring the phone out of "sleep" and my brightness is all the way down. It happens pretty often, at least once a week. I have to go into the settings/brightness/ and just touch the slider and all of a sudden the brightness is back to where it should be. There is a definite bug and it is quite annoying.

Anyone else have this issue? I am on the iPhone 5 with the latest iOS version.

2. macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

It happens to me occasionally. Tapping the power button and waking the phone up again fixes it. I've seen numerous people report this issue. My iPhone 4 did the same thing.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Did it start for you before the latest update? I am thinking it has been before the most recent update.

Wonder what could be causing it.

4. macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

Yes, it's happened well before the latest update. It happened with my iPhone 4 as well as the i5.

5. macrumors newbie

This surely seems to be a software issue. Did you try doing a restore?

6. macrumors member

This.

Happened to my iphone 4. Happens to friends iPhones. No big deal.

7. macrumors 6502

This happens occasionally with my iPad mini. Never on my iPhone, though. Definitely a software issue rather than a hardware issue. Hopefully there is a fix soon. My guess is that it has something to do with the auto-brightness feature.

8. macrumors 68020

You can cause it to happen just about everytime. Leave screen on, and as it starts to dim, push power button, and screen will come back on dim. You have to push power button off and on again to brighten screen. It's a quirk that occurred on my iphone 4 too.

9. macrumors 6502

Just turn off auto brightness and set the brightness slider to be whatever you want it to be.

10. macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

I've never used auto-brightness and mine will still do it occasionally. It doesn't happen often enough to bother me though.

11. thread starter macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

Yeah my auto brightness is off as well. Oh well, just another thing added to apples bug list.

12. macrumors 65816

This apparently is a software glitch. Its happened to me as well. No one at Apple acknowledges it.