Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I've noticed a strange problem with my new iMac. After I use front row, certain keys stop functioning. They are what I guess you could call speciality keys (volume buttons, eject button). This problem is rather annoying and to remedy the problem I must unplug the keyboard. Is this widespread? Would Apple Provide me a new keyboard since the iMac is less than a day old? BTW, the keyboard is plugged into a usb hub, which is powered by the iMac.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Well... I think this might be a bigger problem. I changed hubs and went to a powered one... same problems. I checked system profiler... and it doesn't see the hub, and I can't find my printer which is connected to the hub. I think I might have USB problems. Damn. Need to call apple tomorrow.

furryrabidbunny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I've tried it without the hub, and it seems to work, but I haven't tried it for long periods. Also, both of these hubs worked perfectly fine on my eMac, I dont see why there should be any problems with the iMac using them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.