Some more help please!!!iPod Not Updating right?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod' started by bluesman87, Sep 13, 2006.

1. bluesman87 macrumors member

So I just made a thread about the problems I was having with getting all of my songs into iTunes from my library folder, and I was able to get it fixed thanks to your guy' kind graces, so now I need some more help. I have a 30gig first gen (?) 5G and I am trying to update it to a playlist instead of updating it automatically, as I have way too much music to do that. It went smoothly at first, but after it gets about 8 gigs into the 28 gig amount, it says "iPod cannot be read" and then goes schizo on me. I tried to restore it, and it did the same flippin thing. I then plug it back in, it updates some more, and then after about 8 more gigs of updating i get the same error message. My iPod worked just fine before this update, and now all I am having is problems. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks,

Rob

2. stevehp macrumors 6502

Are you importing it all at the same time? If so, do it in bunches...

3. bluesman87 thread starter macrumors member

ya I am. It did that for a while, and now its not working at all dammit. Every time I plug it in it says the disk cannot be read and nothing can be written to it. I am just gonna take it to Apple this weekend but if anyone has anyother suggestions I would really appreciate it. Thanks,

Rob