Some music in iTunes won't transfer, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jailbird1818, Jan 7, 2009.

1. macrumors member

I have some music in iTunes that will not transfer to my iPod (120GB Classic) and will not transfer to my external hard-drive. When I back up my music to the external HD I just copy the music folder in iTunes. Does anyone have any ideas what is happening and how I can fix it? Thanks!

-JB

2. macrumors 68040

bruinsrme

Same thing happened to about 30 songs.
    I could play them on the computer just fine. Itunes wanted nothing to do with those songs.

The only thing I can think of is either they were down loaded from another site and converted to aac.

3. thread starter macrumors member

I was thinking something along the same but I pulled the songs from my CD into iTunes. They are in iTunes and play fine but I can't find the music files anywhere on my computer. They even have album artwork in iTunes. I'm stumped.

-JB

4. macrumors 68020

theBB

If you can play them, you can highlight and right click on one of these tracks, select "Get info". A new little window will pop up with a few tabs on top. The right most tab will tell you where the file is actually located.