some people....

Discussion in 'Community' started by funkywhat2, Dec 27, 2002.

1. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's only because MacRumors is associated with it on SpyMac's front page instead of him. :D

They won't even give their own users any credit...wonder why?

Love your signature...that used to be mainframe instead of UNIX. :D

3. funkywhat2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Thanks, for the props. I thought someone would be offended by it, but hey, I guess not.:)

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

He shouldn't have taken offense quite so hard and emailed arn to explain the whole thing. Pathetic actually, I'd find it hard to believe that Arn would go out of his way to 'steal' stories. :rolleyes:

D

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

keep in mind arn dosnt go looking for stories too often, they are submited and arn just pickes the best ones.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Re: some people....

I've had this Dilbert cartoon on my bulletin board since it was first published:

[​IMG]

7. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

rather than make people link there to link back, just to know what the hell they're talking about, it's the Apple patent on the front page...

Spymac. wow. Arn's worked to make people here respect them again, after the iWalk crap, and people *there* bash us. They should take a goood long look at their surroundings.

:)
    pnw

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

They seem to have a younger crowd - at least at the maturity level. Not that we don't have a few bits of silliness either, its just a different type of site.

And pineapple, I know about the submissions, I was commenting on the fact that its ridiculous to think that we'd be trying to 'steal' anything.

D

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Younger? Silly? I don't see Scem0 here. :D

I think there's plenty of news to go around so no one has to steal anything.

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Overall younger - I did mention that we have our own as well, but its not quite the same as in SpyMac.

But you're totally correct - news is news and its not stolen. The SpyMac member was showing his immaturity by complaining - and a few other SpyMac members were happy to join the fray. There has been a case or two of 'misunderstanding' between the two sites, but mostly resolves itself calmly.

D

11. medea macrumors 68030

medea

It's all news right? and anyways, I didn't see that guy stating any sources where he found this out first.....
    guy must be pretty patethic to go apes over a mac rumor.....:rolleyes:
    hey man you found the story first, heres a round of applause....

Attached Files:

• 35.gif
      35.gif
      File size:
      695 bytes
      Views:
  12. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I love it when the Macrumors lover gets involved and they start a yo daddy flame. So lame. It evolves to a slug match involving cussing cussing cussing cussing and guess what? more cussing...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

13. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

The maturity level is more then a few notches below ours. Never before have I seen a forum site where posts like "screw you","LOL" and "true dat" are tolerated as much as there. I have never seen an intelligent conversation there. Most of their threads involve some sort of insecurity about their site compared to other Mac rumor sites. It's quite sad when you get down to it and I don't see any reason why we should lower ourselves to their level by paying attention to them.

14. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

i know know you about the submissions, but the other people might think that arn goes out looking for the rumors.

15. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

arn doesn't post news stories such as Exclusive! Macrumors is the first to reveal.... Instead, the posts are "MacCentral explores Apple's Annual Report..." and "TheRegister.co.uk is reporting that...". arn gives credit for sources and I've never seen any hint of shameless self-promotion or theft. The basis of a rumor site is to report on who said what. Good rumors sites and smart rumor site participants need to take every rumor with a grain of salt, and the attributions are one of the primary means we have to evaluate the information posted.