Some photography, opinions welcomed!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FrankieTDouglas, Mar 23, 2006.

1. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

How's it going? I've recently began coupling photos with similar or contrasting messages to see what would happen. I've attached a few, to gather any opinions those of you might have. Any critique is welcomed! These were all shot with a Pentax Optio 30.

-Andy

Attached Files:

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I don't know what to think, especially from that 1st photo, and the one with the Apple stuff.

3. revfife macrumors regular

revfife

Love the doors shot, was a great eye for that shot and good use of color/contrast.

4. Mike Teezie macrumors 68020

Mike Teezie

I think you've got a great eye. I don't know if I personally like some of the work presented as diptychs, I think they are strong enough to stand on their own.

It's a nice idea, keep exploring it for sure.

nice work!

I see you're from WM, same as me - small world.....

5. revfife macrumors regular

revfife

6. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

7. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I think they're pretty cool, particularly the one with the hands being dragged through sand/dirt.

8. POHeerwig macrumors member

Visually, my eye was drawn to the close-up of the basketball player and the two apple-related pictures. I think it's because they're simple / clean shots. I'd like to see the basketball player's face with a fill flash though - I'd like to see the expression on his face as he makes the shot. Some athletes just have ...a certain 'spark'. I'm curious to see if it's there.

Nice work!

9. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Is that a CG basketball? If so, I'd say take it out... cheezes up the photo. Keep it simple!

10. Erendiox macrumors 6502a

Erendiox

I very much like the basketball shots. The shot angles are very nice and I like the BW/color effect. I don't think it's cheesy personally. I think it adds. I also really like the fingers through the sand. The apple related pics are good, although too much empty black space in the PB one.

You've got an excellent eye, keep experimenting!

11. EEcuber17 macrumors member

Beautiful shots. I like the idea, go with it.

12. FrankieTDouglas thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh nice, lots of Louisiana people around here. Any particular places around the north part that you enjoy walking and photographing? Check out Gibsland sometime... might not automatically think of it, but I was assigned to photograph their town for a website. Lots of interesting stuff to be found!

And thanks to everyone for the comments!

13. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Awesome shots! :D You really gave me some good ideas for my next photographs.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Yeah, the hands and the door photo are the best. I still don't understand the fascination with the apple photo, or why the hands photo and the photo of the singer are paired together. What's the association?

15. pigbat macrumors regular

Great shots but I'm not a fan of the selective coloring of the ball in those.

16. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Places in north LA

Check out Dubach, LA. They have a small lake and some of the architecture students from Tech have built a couple of projects on the lake (bridge and pavillion). Could be a good spot to shoot. Also they have Lincoln Park (i think thats its name). It is a park with biking trails, wooded areas, and a pond. I am from Ruston by the way so this is a very small world.

17. FrankieTDouglas thread starter macrumors 65816

Ah wow, yeah small world! Are you in the Tech communication design program, by any chance?

And ironically, I built the new Dubach website. I've been through the whole town photographing aspects of it. I'm not sure what the url is to their website now, since I turned the design and code in, and someone else in the rural development center at Tech put it online. But it's somewhere!

18. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Just did a passing glance, as one might do at a gallery. And yours ranked up there as different and very worthy for a longer look, Great job!