Some photos

Discussion in 'Community' started by idkew, Aug 4, 2003.

1. idkew macrumors 68020

idkew

where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    Well, I got my Personal Web Sharing working with some help. IF anyone wants to take a look at ~900 of my shots, the site is below. I don't think I did too bad considering this was my first jump into fine photography. Some are touristy though.

My Photos

Just remember, these are the "raw" photos. I did no touching up, no editing. I did not choose the best ones, this is ALL of them. Also- I did not take the Galcier photos, that was my pops. The Spain ones are mostly from Barcelona, but many are from surrounding areas of NE Spain.

If anyone wants a photo from some reson (desktop picture...) PM me, i'll let you know if you can have it.

-idkew

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nice pics - the ones I looked at. I'd suggest breaking down the images into groups - 400+ images with thumbnails per page is way too much. Even if you broke it down to 100 images per page that might be too much.

What are you using to create the pages/thumbs?

D

3. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

i could, but i like this much better. i did it so you only saw 10 per page, but i did not like that.

if you don't like jumping back and forth between the index and the pict, just click the first pict in the index and then click the full size pict to load the next and so on...

I used WebAlbum to do this. I didn't feel like doing this all by hand... amazing huh?

4. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The only problem is going back and forth between the indices. Its a pain. For you it might be nice to look at all of them, but having to wait for 400 thumbs to refresh is being a little unrealistic. You have to assume that everyone looking at the images doesn't have the fastest connection and fastest computer available.

I'm on a dual 1.25 G4 with a T1 and its a pain. If you make it difficult to view the images, in any way, most people will give up looking at them after just a few. Which is what I did.

Good luck. :D

D

5. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Yeah, a bit too many per page.

I like them though.

Nice work,

scem0

6. idkew thread starter macrumors 68020

idkew

i completely understand what you are getting at, but the page was not designed for MR, it was designed for mostly my sister. she wants some prints, so she will be going straight through, and will only load the index once.

i just gave you all the address for fun.

i think i might split it for you guys though...

[edit] split them for you. now they are in pages of about 50 thumbnails. new first page also. [/edit]

7. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Very nice pictures idkew. Thank you for posting the link. I enjoyed viewing them. It's like taking a trip for free! The black and white a great study in contrast!