Some purchased apps no longer available for re-download

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by saiyan, Apr 13, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if we are supposed to be able to re-download apps which are no longer available for sales in the App Store?

I was trying to re-download the following three games from the App Store but it looks like they are no longer available for sale.

Let's Golf (by Gameloft)
    Let's Golf 2 (by Gameloft)
    Prince of Persia Retro (by Ubisoft)

Since I have purchased them already, I was expecting to find them on the "Purchased" list in the App Store app but they are not found on the "Purchased" list either! :(

I had to use iTunes and sync those three apps to from my iTunes library to my iPad.

Does anyone know if users are supposed to be able to re-download apps from their "Purchased" list? :confused:

It would really suck if we cannot re-download apps we have purchased.

Just imagine if I have never transfer purchased apps to my iTunes library, I would have lost those three games permanently. :eek:

That also means I will always need to transfer purchased apps from iPad to iTunes and make sure I backup my iTunes library periodically.

2. macrumors G3

The key is "You can re-download purchased items from the iTunes store as long as it is still available for purchase." This is true for Apps, Music, Movies and Books.

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the info..

4. macrumors 603

Carlanga

welcome to the digital era! ;)

personal backups will be the only way to preserve older software legally.