Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yukinara

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2007
Hello everybody,this is my first post in this forum, I got my MacBook about 2-3 month ago, now I'm trying to change my life from Win to Mac. I have some questions to ask
1-There is a small problem with the OS(I don't really know that's problem or not),but if I right-click two time, the system automatically refresh and it close the window I'm opening. I've just noticed it recently. It's not a big problem, but sometime I feel annoyed. I use wireless mighty mouse
2-I'm using Preview to browse pictures right now. ARE there anyway or any software that allow me to browse pictures in Zip archives? I use ACDSee in Window, it can view pics in Zip like a folder. I don't want to unzip everything
3-In Window,I use mIRC,I tried to use some IRC app in Mac,but everything messed up.Do you know any web site that help me use IRC on Mac
4-How can I view hidden files and folders?

Thanks anyway :D .It's great to run both Win and Mac on the same laptop

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Welcome to MacRumors and welcome to the family! :)

1 -- I honestly do not understand what you mean. I have not seen this bug.
2 -- I am not sure if it has the ZIP feature, but you might try GraphicConverter -- very popular for this kind of thing on Macs. There may also be software that lets you navigate inside a zip file from Finder, but I'm not sure about that.
3 -- I have not used IRC much on a Mac
4 -- Terminal is one option; Path Finder is a popular alternative to Finder if you need a graphical interface for more sophisticated file manipulation. The reason I mention Terminal first is that almost all uses of "hidden" files are related to Unix underpinnings; you almost never need to do this for anything with a visual interface.

Hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.