Some questions from a newcomer

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Yukinara, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Yukinara macrumors member

Jan 26, 2007
    Hello everybody,this is my first post in this forum, I got my MacBook about 2-3 month ago, now I'm trying to change my life from Win to Mac. I have some questions to ask
    1-There is a small problem with the OS(I don't really know that's problem or not),but if I right-click two time, the system automatically refresh and it close the window I'm opening. I've just noticed it recently. It's not a big problem, but sometime I feel annoyed. I use wireless mighty mouse
    2-I'm using Preview to browse pictures right now. ARE there anyway or any software that allow me to browse pictures in Zip archives? I use ACDSee in Window, it can view pics in Zip like a folder. I don't want to unzip everything
    3-In Window,I use mIRC,I tried to use some IRC app in Mac,but everything messed up.Do you know any web site that help me use IRC on Mac
    4-How can I view hidden files and folders?

Thanks anyway :D .It's great to run both Win and Mac on the same laptop
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Welcome to MacRumors and welcome to the family! :)

1 -- I honestly do not understand what you mean. I have not seen this bug.
    2 -- I am not sure if it has the ZIP feature, but you might try GraphicConverter -- very popular for this kind of thing on Macs. There may also be software that lets you navigate inside a zip file from Finder, but I'm not sure about that.
    3 -- I have not used IRC much on a Mac
    4 -- Terminal is one option; Path Finder is a popular alternative to Finder if you need a graphical interface for more sophisticated file manipulation. The reason I mention Terminal first is that almost all uses of "hidden" files are related to Unix underpinnings; you almost never need to do this for anything with a visual interface.

Hope that helps!