Some questions on selling my non-apple laptop.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jakochampolska, Aug 28, 2005.

1. jakochampolska macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005
    Okay, for about 2 years it was my dream to have a powerbook computer, my parents wont buy it for me so I have to look into some alternitives. Like selling my current laptop.I know I should of put this post under Marketplace but for some reason it wont let me post under there. So I thought this would be the second place I'd turn too.

Anyways, I have a Compaq Presario 2100 (I have pictures) The specs:
    1.6 GHz Intel Celeron
    256 MB SDRAM
    30 GB IDE Hard Disk
    CD-RW: 24x (read), 8x (write), 8x (rewrite); DVD-ROM: 8x;
    Windows XP Home Edition

Its in fairly good shape, the only visual damage you can see is on the bottom of this laptop which are just some big straches.
    Okay, my question is: If I where to sell this on ebay,along with my hp deskjet 920c printer and my canon scanner (I have pictures of these too) how much do you think I should sell this for?

(Mods you can move this post or delete it if you want, I know its not under the right forum!)
  2. ITASOR macrumors 601

Mar 20, 2005
    Oneida, NY
    Ahh man....PC's have almost hardly any value these days, it stinks.

I sold an AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ @ 1.6Ghz
    512MB RAM
    40GB HD
    15" XGA Display
    DVD+-RW Dual Layer 8x
    XP Home

For $500 cash. That's the best I could get. :-\
  3. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005

Oh I know!!! When I went to to see what the specs are for my laptop and I saw those chunky PC laptops it just made me think of how the design for apple computers are so much nicer and cleaner. PCs are so bluky and heavy looking.

But I think I'll start selling my laptop for around 400-500 dollars, I hope I get some bidders!
  4. thomasp macrumors 6502a

Sep 18, 2004
    You need 100 posts to post in the Marketplace forum, as stated in the sticky thread in said forum:

It's always a very good idea to read sticky threads before creating a new one :)

The only selling advice I can offer is to put it on eBay (like you said) for a price that you think is reasonable, and if it doesn't sell, lower the price by $100 or so. Mind you, I've never sold anything on eBay....
  5. jakochampolska thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2005

I'll remember that next time :D