Some questions, Printing, IR and apps

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by BarryW, Mar 28, 2007.

1. BarryW macrumors member

Jan 21, 2007
    South Africa, Jo'burg /U.A.E, Dubai
    Okay so I got my first apple(mbp) and I have a few questions which I cant seem to find the answers to.

Printing(part 1), How do I change the quality under windows i can select draft, normal etc. but I can't seem to find this control under osx, I can find duplex printing and all the rest. The printer is an Hp7130 I downloaded and installed the drivers from the HP site.

Printing(part 2), As mentioned above I installed the HP7130 drivers but they do not appear in the printer drivers menu, as the printer is actually connected to another machine(windows XP) normally. I would like to install it as a network printer but cannot seem to select the correct driver, the printer works with another driver but I cannot get some of the functionality of the printer.

InfraRed and Polar 625SX Heart Rate monitor, Is it possible to use the two under OSX it works fine in windows. I downloaded ISmartTrain but it does not seem to support the above mentioned HRM. Are there any other apps. I am using an external USB infrared tx/rx.

Bootcamp, will read manual first and post later if necessary

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

May 1, 2005
    I'm not sure I know what you're talking about... But when you go to print something you should get a little dialogue box like this, right?

Picture 3.png

If so, you can fiddle with a ton of settings in the "Copies & Pages" drop down menu. :)

Picture 2.png
  3. BarryW thread starter macrumors member

Jan 21, 2007
    South Africa, Jo'burg /U.A.E, Dubai
    I seem to be missing a few

Attached Files: