Some Questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Manning, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Manning macrumors member

Feb 28, 2007
    For graduation I will be getting pretty much any computer I want that is under $3,500, courtesy of my Uncle. I already know it is going to be a laptop and I already know I want to wait until the new line with Leopard comes out. So its no questions on that, but more on accesories to it.

1. Is there a difference between the 20 and 20 inch Apple Cinema Display besides the obvious resolutions and screen size?

2. Is there any protective screens that don't detract from the appearance of the laptop?

3. While using the Wireless Mouse and Wireless Keyboards, does it take up a USB port for a base station or anything?

4. How can I hook speakers up to it? Right now I have some logitech speakers, can I use them with my laptop and ACD?

Thank you very much.
  2. risc macrumors 68030

Jul 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    1. You need to edit that question so it makes sense

2. Not that I have seen

3. The wireless keyboard/mouse are bluetooth so there isn't a need for another device

4. You plug them in to the audio out on the notebook, both analog and digital audio are supported
  3. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

Sep 27, 2006
    1. Between a 20" and 20" ACD? I don't think so. :p If you mean 20" and some other size (23" or 30") then no, it's just the screen resolution and size. You can read about it at the specs page on Apple's Website. Actually, I think the 30" has a dual-link DVI port whereas the others don't.

2. I don't own a laptop so I couldn't help you here...

3. No. The Wireless mouse & keyboard connects using bluetooth which is default in every mac (except for the low-end 17" iMac). It runs on AA batteries.

4. What do the speakers use to connect to a computer?
  4. Manning thread starter macrumors member

Feb 28, 2007
    Sorry for the first question being confusing, just wanted to see if there were any features in the 23 inch that were absent in the 20 inch. Thank you for the answers.

Anybody know of protective skins that still keep the same look?