Some quick MobileMe Questions - 60 day trial+Software?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by Noisemaker, Mar 31, 2010.

1. Guest

Mar 13, 2009
    First, how does the 60 day trial work? Does the service just shut off after 60 days if I don't buy a year, or does it automatically charge my credit card $99?

Next, is there actual software to download, or is it all browser based? If there is software to download, how large is the file size? My internet has a 5GB monthly cap on it, and isn't very fast, so a large file would be the decision between me buying it in a store, or just buying it on

Last, how does email work with MobileMe? What kind of email address will I get? Do I get multiple email addresses, or just one? Will the email end with "" Can I change it to come from my site's domain name? IE, it will read "" instead of ""
  2. macrumors 68000

Aug 24, 2008
    1. MobileMe charges your credit card automatically. If you buy from Amazon or somewhere else and don't provide a credit car account, you will have to pay attention to when your subscription expires and buy a new box from Amazon and re-enter a new passcode to extend it for another year.

2. If you're using a Mac, or any Apple product, there is no software to download. You just have to configure your preferences. Your monthly cap is irrelevant. If on Windows, it is a one time thing.

3. You get 1 primary email address and 4 aliases. The aliases will send the email to your primary account. The advantage of an alias is that you can hide your true email address. I use it for sites I don't trust that ask for email address or people I don't really know too well who I happen to meet. It can also be a good way to separate your work email from personal email.

4. Your email address will be an address. You can always redirect your domain email to send it to your @me address. I'm not sure why you'd do it the other way since MobileMe provides push email.
  3. thread starter Guest

Mar 13, 2009
    I just went with the free trial. The $20 I'd save by going through Amazon isn't worth the hassle, or risk of my site going down.

Now, I love it so far. Nice, reliable hosting, easy to use, and lots of features.

The only thing I would like to add is an email with my domain name at the end. How can I set that up? Can I use that as one of my "aliases"?
  4. macrumors 68000

May 9, 2009