Some subtle differences I've noticed

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by sandman42, Dec 2, 2003.

1. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

I've noticed a couple little differences in the trackpad operation since installing Panther on my iBook:

First, I've noticed I can no longer tap the trackpad (instead of clicking the button) to select a user in the login window. I know that trackpad-tapping is a user selectable option, but it used to work in 10.1 (I skipped over Jaguar). I never use the button otherwise - I use trackpad tapping for clicking/selecting/dragging - so it's an annoyance not to have that available during login.

Also, I've noticed that if I use the trackpad to select text by using the tap-tap-drag method, I often can't operate on the text (copy, paste, over-type) until I release the mode by tapping the trackpad again. I never had a problem with this in 10.1.

Anyone else noticed this? Any fixes?

2. neut macrumors 68000

neut

i notice the log-in issue also. it is kind of an annoyance.

the tap text thing also appeared in Jag.

peace.

3. Noiseboy macrumors regular

Yes, it is annoying, it's as though it hasn't loaded your prefs until after the login pane which it probably hasn't but it used to be fine in Jag. I would imagine it will come back a few revisions down the line.
    Another slight change is that if Address book is hidden and then you reveal it the curser in the search window isn't ready to find a new name. Small difference but slightly annoying.