Some thing that really bugs me...

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Benjamindaines, Sep 14, 2006.

1. Benjamindaines macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Am I the only one that get really bugged when people say that everyone with an iPod is a "sheep"? There are reasons why people have iPods, even though all the teenagers only have them because their friends do (but that's not the point), iPods are way better then most of the hard to use mp3 players from other companies. I don't know of any other player that makes it so easy to sync your music onto it (or works as well with a Mac for that matter) or that even looks anywhere as good. So to all you "sheep haters" out there, we iPod owners do think for ourselves and choose the iPod because it is the best out there.

/mini rant

2. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I agree, however you are indeed a sheep if you just buy iPod without even considering all the other players and just buy it because of whatever "everyone has one", I bought my iPod 5G but that was because I'm longtime Apple user and I just had to have it, I wouldn't buy any other player... but I do know what features other players have, features which would fit tons of people I know with iPods a lot better, just not me.

So there.

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I kinda had that mentality before I bought my first iPod last year (green 4GB mini). "Oh everyone has an iPod" "what's with the wheel, it's weird" "they're expensive". After several bad experiences with SanDisk (only worked when it wanted to), Samsung (it said there was music on it, but no actual music!), and Creative (don't even get me started), I finally decided to get an iPod, and it worked perfectly.

So I bought and used a few other players before an iPod, thus disqualifing me for the status of "sheep". :D

4. Bru5ter macrumors newbie

Benjamindaines - are you kidding. I bought my wife a nano and I hate the bloody thing. Being stuck to 1 computer and not being able to intuitively add/remove/edit songs is such a egoistic apple thing.

And please dont try to hide behind the whole weak DRM - hmmm I can simply copy all my songs and distribute

5. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

I think Apple got over their ego (as you might say) with their latest release of iTunes...
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/sync/transfer.html

:rolleyes:

6. MattyMac macrumors 68000

MattyMac

When they call you a "sheep" ask them what kind of computer they have??

....uhhhh a dell dude.

7. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

All my friends had iPods, but I still got a cheap player from walmart. I didn't think it would be such a pain. after like 4 months of use, it stopped working so I bougth the 5G ipod. seriously they are much better.

8. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I buy the ipod because it is what I want and the other players do not interest me...except maybe the zune(which is not out yet)....I buy things because I want them not because others have them

Thats just me.....screw what people think.

Bless

9. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I bought a Sony Nike thing that was round and ugly i think it was 1gb and it took it 3 weeks to break and not just delete the music instead of playing and it had this itunes ri[p off music thing and it took about half and hour to transfer 10 songs. So i bought a Ipod mini and wow.. it just worked.