Some trouble installing Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by eeeRIE, May 5, 2005.

1. eeeRIE macrumors member

I'm not sure why it is- When I insert the install DVD and run the program, it automatically tells me to restart, which I assume is normal. But once it starts back up, the installer never goes on again. Anyone know how I can get this to work correctly?

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

So does it actually boot from the Tiger Installer DVD or not? I'd just put the DVD in, restart, press and hold down the C Key to make it boot from the DVD. The installer DVD boots into the Tiger installer program like the previous OS X installers do.

If holding down the C key doesn't make it boot from the CD (for some odd reason), you can also insert the DVD, go into System Preferences and then go to the Start up Disk System Preference and select the Tiger Installation DVD as the boot source for next startup.

If that doesn't work, then put the DVD in and reboot, after the Mac Chime, hold down the option key and you'll get a screen with a purple background and it will scan all devices for a possible boot source. The Tiger DVD should be one of those choices. It will take about a minute or so for the computer to scan all possible boot devices. Select the DVD and press the --> key and it should boot from the DVD.

If nothing works, see if you can boot it from another Mac with a DVD player in it if possible. You may have a defective installer DVD. If so, call Apple and they should ship you out a new copy as long as you present some proof of purchase.

3. eeeRIE thread starter macrumors member

Thanks very much for the advice, I'll see what I can do.