Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

iclouderror.jpg

According to a number of readers and our own observations, it seems iCloud is in the midst of a somewhat widespread service outage that has been going on since roughly 4PM Eastern Time. Users are unable to access mail and other services either via standalone applications on the Mac or iOS, or via the iCloud website.

Apple's iCloud service status website doesn't indicate any issues, which may suggest the outage is not serious enough to warrant a notice or more likely that Apple simply hasn't updated the page yet.

Update: Apple has now added a notice to the system status page acknowledging the outage.

icloud_down.jpg

Update 2: Service seems to be restored.

Article Link: Some Users Not Able to Access iCloud Mail or Website [Update: Back Up]

Reach

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2006
Norway
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have this problem..

TJRas

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2011
My entire business is having issues, and all my friends on mac are having issues. I don't think this is minor...every mac owner I know is having issues. The sooner Apple addresses this the better.

LWX

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2010
London
Really annoyed - I needed to access my email after just getting in from work as well.

For a minute I thought I was hacked and I hope this is just a server drop.

Has the cleaner pulled the plug?

DarkReaper79

macrumors newbie
Jan 30, 2010
Taunton, Ma
im sick of these outages and problems. I do understand its a new service and all. But come on apple, your a huge company. I'm sure there is someone smart enough to realize there isn't enough servers or whatever. I had outages with MobileMe, but not this many in a short amount of time. I don't really wanna switch back to google....

trevolly

macrumors member
Aug 25, 2009
I get asked for my iCloud password (through mail) randomly about twice a week.... All since the Mobile Me > iCloud upgrade...

Got the same problem as everyone else now...:confused:

zed1291

macrumors regular
Jun 4, 2010
NYC
Working for me

Obviously this issue isn’t effecting all users. I checked my account at ~4 and it worked and now at 4:50 it is still working perfectly. I guess Apple has me under the “Winners” list and doesn’t want me to be unhappy.

BFG86

macrumors 6502
Oct 14, 2011
Obviously this issue isn’t effecting all users. I checked my account at ~4 and it worked and now at 4:40 it is still working perfectly. I guess Apple has me under the “Winners” list and doesn’t want me to be unhappy.

I shall now eat my foot. unless u be lying....

bottsjw

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Ok, I think it's time to escalate "some" to "most".
I feel like such a statistic.

nebo1ss

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2010

Perhaps it is time to view Icloud as a useful backup service and not one on which you will use in a production type environment. Gmail is so much more reliable, those that have migrated to .me need to rethink.

I use it to keep my iphone, ipad and Macbook pro synced for contacts and calender events only. That works really well and outages such as this are but a minor inconvenience.

insocal

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/9A405)

And they STILL haven't fixed the PUSH Mail to iPhone. Would never have moved over from MobileMe to iCloud, at least not until June, had I known this issue would persist. And there's no way to go back to MobileMe.
Come on Apple!

fishmoose

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2008
Sweden
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I couldn't buy a book from iBooks like 10 minutes ago, so the iTunes Store may be effected too.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.